The member listing service (MLS) is a database established by some of the industry’s leading professional yacht broker associations to collect & provide data about vessels for sale and is exclusively for yacht sales professional use. The MLS allows brokers from around the world the ability to share their vessels for sale with other professionals in an effort to maximize the marketing exposure while minimizing time on market.
While there are many segments to the global, “leisure craft” industry; for the purposes of sales within the MLS, we are breaking it into 3 dealer/brokerage segments based on the types of vessels/listings specialized in.
- Firms locally or geographically specific offering smaller boats (often on trailers) and/or boat dealers with boats on a lot up to about 50’.
- Brokers and Dealers with 25 to 99 ft listings (mid-market) with a local or national scope and a limited international presence.
- Brokers and builders representing superyachts (vessels over 100 ft) that may require extensive knowledge during global transactions and respective regulations.
While every broker may aspire to sell a large yacht, not every company is equipped to service the marketplace. Consequently, it has been requested that our membership be offered an “Authorized Superyacht Member” designation to help create a policy over how superyacht listing data is shared among the entire MLS community. Currently…
- “Available for Co-Brokerage” listing’s basic specs and images are currently shared with ALL active MLS members.
- All Media (Videos, Virtual Tours, Location Map, PDFs, External Links) are NEVER shared with co-brokerage regardless of size (Unique Content)
- Custom Fields are NEVER shared with co-brokerage regardless of size (Unique Content)
- Questions below assume the listing is “Available for Co-Brokerage”